»

Friday, October 5, 2007

Formalities and the Afterglow

Alright so there you have it. Now I'll continue with my own experience. There are a few things that I think are key. Unlike some others who suffer this phenomenon, My experiences were not violent or filled with visual entities in a manner of speaking. For me it would always start as a dream whether I had just drifted off to sleep or had been sleeping for sometime. Some where in the dream things would go south, fast. Something, a new Character or object would enter my dream, and I imediately knew this thing was inherently evil. I understood it was a demon or demons. So I would attempt to fight it or get it to leave. My first instinct was to rebuke it in the name of Jesus. The only problem was it seemed no matter how hard I tried I couldn't muster the name of Jesus and when I did after much effort of which by now I had tried to wake my lifeless body. I could only mumble the name Jesus. As if I had no authority to use the name.....only after an exhoustive effort of continously speaking the Lord's name did the oppression lift. In which case I would open my eyes look around and try to catch my breath like I had just swam across a lake non stop.

I would immediately fall back asleep and forget the entire incident until the next time it was about to happen which was usually too late. I would just think "oh no not again" The events would only last 10 minutes or less as far as I can estimate. It seemed as though they would never end though.

more to come.

9 comments:

Tami said...

holy frijole. i just walk away from blogger for, like, a day, and timothy's been bitten by the posting bug. (haven't you heard about the posting bug?)

well new, sonny. oi sartainly have me work cut oot far me don't oi? (catch that accent? if not, watch The Quiet Man, with emphasis on little old Micheleen Flynn.)

11101100 said...

OK, so I changed my name. I'm no longer 'The Academy Against "The Academy Against Apathy"' as cool as that name was. Now I'm 2 Corinthians 7:6. I think it makes me cooler.

Anywho, you know, you might be interested to do some investigating around CITW to see who else has had these encounters. I myself have had a few and I know of one other person who has had the same experience as I did. Almost exactly.

The strange thing is, I fully believe that I cast a demon out of myself the last time it happened. I was lying down for bed, trying to get to sleep, and then I realized that I couldn't move. Not only that, but I could feel a war going on above me. I couldn't open my mouth, I couldn't say anything out loud. I had to pray in my head, and I prayed and asked GOD to send down His angels to fight for me. I prayed in the spirit in my head, and did everything I felt I could do (this was about a year ago BTW). After what seemed two hours, I finally heard this scream in my head that was like a roar, like a train going through a tunnel, and I bolted up in bed. I looked at the clock and only 45 minutes had passed.

But I really feel like there was a demon inside of me that was cast out. FYI Just because the demon was inside doesn't mean it was possessing me, I believe it could have been oppressing me though. I know of at least one other person with almost the exact same experience, and then a few others with similar experiences.

The Academy Against Apathy said...

yeah, just wait till I'm done with my story and we start putting the peices together. Oh and by the way I went through my own self deliverence about a year and a half ago. I was not possesed but I had given leagal access to those spirits in my life. the Holy spirit had to reveal the doors to me. I repented (after a battle) and cast them out. They left there was more than one I'm sure. Very cool how wonderful Our God is.

Tami said...

I have had a similar experience, Titus. In college. I was on my bed (a loft in a dorm room), sleeping on my back, which was unusual for me. I heard a creepy childlike voice at the foot of my bed, calling my name. I knew it was a demon. I couldn't move anything, except to wiggle my toes; but I wasn't dreaming. I was awake, or at least my spirit was fully awake. My eyes were open. At the time, I had nothing to combat it with, so I tried to call out to my roommate, but couldn't even manage a whisper. God later showed me what it was. I've had a couple other night visitations/battles since, but knew much better how to handle those situations (and had the weapons) once I was in Christ.

11101100 said...

You know what? Children's voices can be the creepiest things in the world. Think of a deserted playground, and seeing a merry go round spinning slowly, by itself, and children singing in a slowed-down playground style song "Nobody sleeps at grandma's house...nobody sleeps at grandma's house..." *shudder*

which always brings up the question... what happened at grandma's house?

Tami said...

oh...my...goodness. i'm about 65-80% sure i've been to that park (your merry-go-round link) several times. it looks exactly like this one in Stillwater, MN, I used to go to as a child.

and i (thankfully) don't know the grandma's house reference. sounds like it's from a horror movie, and i've only seen a handful in my lifetime. i could never handle them.

The Academy Against Apathy said...

Redrum redrum redrum............ok! how about a change in theme.

11101100 said...

Tami, there is no real reference to "grandma's house", it's something from a dream that I had once. Or a friend had, I can't quite remember. But basically that's the dream.

Unknown said...

i just love that at the end of it you add 'more to come'...... so, so true.

:)

b