»

Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Brilliant conclusion and confirmation.

So Friday night Switch was in full swing. The worship went well, and the preaching was...........well with God all things are possible.

Any how, during alter ministry one of the young men came up to me for some prayer.
I Immediately sensed a difference in his spirit from last week. As we were praying I felt Holy Spirit show me a few things about him. I shared both things. First was that I felt he took on burdens that were not his at all. Nothing serious, but after a while the weighed his soul down. Second I told him that his spirit seemed much more aware and lively. His countenence was much different, he seemed lighter.

He sat quietly for a moment........thinking about the word. Then he smiled like a small epiphany had just hit him square between the eyes, and out of sheer suprize he let a one of those......."heh oh yeah I get it laughs"

So I looked at him and said "what's up man, whatcha got"

He looked at me still smiling and thinking about it. " I lost my IPOD for a week"

That was revelation from God, and both words confirmed right there. The music he listened to and the stories and the senerios in the lyrics had a profound effect on the condition of his soul. So much so that even he saw the difference under unforseeable circumstances. When you listen to songs about heart ache and rebellion and hopelessness. You take in those words along with the emotions and spirits that perpetuate a bondage to those things. Ever cry to a song, or sulk to a song about a breakup? Or felt completely powerless, like you were always going to get the dirty end of the stick the rest of your miserable life?
Or maybe you felt wonderful and happy after a some praise and worship music? Felt like God was on your side and you could do anything?

He was taking on the burden of the author of those songs. Just I like used to. Even though he didn't write those songs and didn't live the authors experience....it became his.

Just as Lot's soul was vexed and tormented by the things he saw and heard day after day.

11 comments:

I Ravish His Heart said...

Yeah, It's something that seems so innocent but it truly affects the condition of our soul. We weren't really made to listen to things that weren't of God, so naturally, if our soul is doing something it wasn't created to do, it will be hurt.

Tami said...

that's amazing. way to let God use you to bless others (as usual). your obedience touches many more than you'll know in this lifetime. Pastor came home Friday night and said (several times) how great your preaching was. :) Be blessed and encouraged, lil bro. You're on the right track, and you have lots of cheerleaders, both here and in the heavens!

The Academy Against Apathy said...

I hope you are blessed to know that it's fruit blossoming from Amazing Leadership. You are virtuous in the Matthew 18 Principle. Thanks for loving me and mentoring me.

I Ravish His Heart said...

Since we're on the topic of thanking for mentoring... I would like to say thank you to you Tim. You are truly an amazing mentor and an awesome role model. I really look up to you, and want to say thank you for all of the hard labour you have put towards me. You are truly going to be blessed for all of the heart-felt work you have put towards me and all of the youth. Thanks

The Academy Against Apathy said...

I'm still going to punch you when ever I want. You are welcome anyways. You are one of the last generations before the King returns. Take yourself seriously, be sober and watchful when you pray.

I Ravish His Heart said...

Aww... thanks. And that folks is probably the most emotional you will ever here Timothy talk: "I'm still going to punch you whenever I want. You are welcome anyways." Thanks Tim

Tami said...

ima cry. *sniff* i just *sniff* wish i could be there when...*sniff* you punch connor.

The Academy Against Apathy said...

Thursday night it is.

11101100 said...

Can you punch him on Sunday for me too?

Tami said...

ha ha ha...

or...not.

I Ravish His Heart said...

don't I get a say in this?