»

Monday, February 25, 2008

I MUST STAY HERE.

This is a letter I wrote to my wife in 2006. I need to "Abide" in this place.

I miss you. I'm rocking Cory Russel's Ancient Paths (CD available through the One Thing bookstore) ... I'm really falling in love with Him, Lex. It's scary and beautiful - I'm letting go and there is no returning from here. My heart feels it will never be able to bear it. The one thing I've always longed for is the one thing my heart is dying to run from. It's fear is that it will become completely powerless to this Love. Oh, what a wretched Liar my heart is, professing to know and understand love and desire without ever knowing or being willing to go to the source and remain immersed. It screams!!! "You won't be able to breath!!! You'll die there!!! The current is too strong, and you can't touch bottom in this place. No one can hold their breath for that long!"

Then He just whispers to my spirit, "I breath for you here; I am the Breath of life. Your insecure heart only has ideas, and those ideas lead to idol worship where you truly die. I AM. Don't settle any more - break free and run, Run, RUN!!! In My river you don't swim; you don't keep your head above water. I AM the River of Living water; I AM the River of Life. You don't need to breath when you dwell in Life itself. It will sustain you beyond mortal ideology. Your entire understanding of what it takes to be alive has come from dead things. You've mistaken concepts of time and measure as Life. To understand Me those things must be put to death in you. You can't beat them into submission and keep an eye on them. You have to kill them. I Breath for you here, because I AM."

I am undone.

13 comments:

I Ravish His Heart said...

Powerful... we long for Love,but when we finally find Him our heart tries to run. We are scared, but His perfect love casts out ALL fear. It's kind of backwords, but hey that's what it's all about.

KnowYourGod said...

true connor, I have heard of the ancient paths cd but haven't heard it. that 2nd paragraph is especially significant to me. the holy spirit definitely breathed on that for me. thanks for the post

Tami said...

i like your new blog gang sign. it's really tough.

and nerdy.

ha ha - funny word verification this time. "disty". i think we should define it and all start using it in conversation. any ideas?

Unknown said...

"Disty" what's it mean?

Tami said...

exACTly! WE define it! oh, the raw power of creating and defining your own word! (well, blogger's word verification created it, technically.)

The Academy Against Apathy said...

. disty 7 up, 5 down

In science fiction fandom, an issue or mailing of an amateur press association (apa); short for "distribution". Also: disty-wisty-pooums, umpkin, chicken salad sandwich. Started out being used by local apas associated with local clubs, where more copies were handed out to people in attendance than were actually mailed.


The Urban Dictionary beat you to it.

Tami said...

stink. well, i'm still going to use it. i am now officially at odds with the Urban Dictionary, formerly my friend.

The Academy Against Apathy said...

loller

God's Love Changed Everything said...

I must... ask for another post.

Please?

With sugar?

:)
b

The Academy Against Apathy said...

What part of I must stay here don't you understand?












I'll see what I can do.......sigh.

God's Love Changed Everything said...

thank you



:-)

Anonymous said...

You must post again... please... I am SO BORED in study hall. I have nothing to do but read encouraging and interesting blogs from you and other people from church 'n stuff. No one has posted in forever so can you please do something? Thankyou Very much...

O, and your knife is coming in tomorrow...

Shaunna said...

I really like this one, I think that is what I am afraid of, I need to let go, and dive in.